Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blue Sky, Smilin' at Me


It has been pretty chilly in the morning but the happy thought of the day is that the sun is shining and it will be a lot warmer in no time flat. We had a bit of rain Sunday night but the way I look at it - anything that takes the snow is fine with me.


Yesterday I was writing articles to send out about the Sheepfest and notifying sheep owners who have had their sheep sheared there before that we need to have them pre-register. The phone is ringing with more questions, people wondering if we'll still have the event because we still have so much snow. Every day the paths widen and we can even see the front steps now, and the bulkhead, and the whole driveway. I live in hope, what can I say?


Sundya was our spinning group's monthly meeting. There was a big turnout. I think everyone was anxious to be out and about, catching up with friends and discussing the range of fiber events already on the calendar and so much in our thoughts as we make our summer plans. The Sheepfest is the first, then NH Sheep & Wool. The first big Maine event is the Fiber Frolic in early June and then Pleasant Mountain Fiber Arts Workshops a couple of weeks later. Add a sprinkling of classes here and there and before summer has really gotten into full swing it is a busy time.


It will be a long time before I see flowers at my place so I am posting this photo from my friend's garden. We were so excited to see her crocuses and daffodils pushing their way up even through the snow cover. Soon enough they will be fully opened like these. Enjoy!

No comments: